IXL's Math Website Info
I am pleased to tell you that we will be using a website called IXL in our classroom this year. IXL is a comprehensive math practice site with an unlimited number of math practice questions in hundreds of skills — all of which are aligned to state standards. One of the best things about IXL is that your child can access it from home, so you have a chance to see your child's progress!
To get your child started on your home computer, please follow these easy steps:
1. Go to www.IXL.com/signin/rosa
2. Enter your child's username and password and click Sign in. (Note: If the username and password are not listed below, they will be provided separately.) This will be sent home once the login/passwords are recieved by the teachers.
3. Navigate to your child's grade level.
4. Find a skill to practice by doing one of the following:
• Select a specific skill to practice from the list of skills. You can place your mouse over any skill to see a sample question and click on the link to begin.
• Click on the Awards tab. Each grade level has an embedded game board with challenges for your child to conquer and virtual prizes to be uncovered. Place your mouse over any challenge to begin.
In addition to making math practice exciting, IXL is designed to help your child learn at his or her own pace. The website is adaptive and will adjust to your child's demonstrated ability level. The site also saves all of your child's results, so you can monitor your child's progress anytime by clicking on the Reports tab.
I hope you'll encourage your son or daughter to use IXL daily. Here's to a year of working together to make math fun for your child!